If you can get as excited about your profession as palaeontologists do about animals that sound like they belong in a fairy tale, Ian MacQuillin want you to join Rogare’s new Critical Fundraising Network to take Rogare’s work to the next level.Continue reading OPINION: Do you think fundraising is as exciting as a four-winged dinosaur?
- New ‘Knowledge Collectives’ will sift best evidence- and theory-backed research
- First Knowledge Collectives to look at legacy and corporate fundraising
- Staffed by practitioners who are experts in their fields to co-create knowledge base.
- What little study of fundraising history there is takes the ‘great man’ approach
- We aim to explore research questions using social and cultural history lenses
- Looking for fundraisers to be part of the project team, especially those who have studied history.
Simone Joyaux, who died yesterday, is – and will be remembered as – one of the greatest figures in fundraising.
The testimonials have rightly poured in for Simone. They have said how she was a rebel, a thinker, an advocate for justice and change. Many will also remember how she challenged us to ask cage-rattling questions.Continue reading Simone Joyaux: always questioning, always challenging, always thinking
Today Rogare is relaunching our Critical Fundraising guide that provides processes for interpreting and understanding evidence.Continue reading NEWS: Rogare publishes critical thinking guide for fundraisers
As the fundraising profession faces a skills crisis, is it time to introduce formal pathways into the profession?Continue reading NEWS: Raising standards – New report calls for formal pathways for fundraisers
- Donor-centred fundraising (DCF) is facing challenges from the new community-centric fundraising movement
- DCF should accept these challenges and build on them to ‘reinvent’ itself
- Sufficient common ground between the two approach for an accord to be struck.
- Beneficiary voices are as important as those of donors
- ‘Dignity’ is as much located in the image-gathering process as it is in the content of the image
- Including beneficiary – or ‘contributor’ – voices a “massive missing piece” of the ethical jigsaw.
The fundraising think tank Rogare (Latin for ‘to ask’) today publishes the first outputs from our project to explore Gender Issues in Fundraising (GIF).Continue reading NEWS: New project aims to ground discussions about gender in best current knowledge
The first report from an initiative that aims to “close the ideological gap” between fundraisers and service delivery teams charity beneficiaries in marketing materials has been published by the think tank Rogare.Continue reading NEWS: How ought beneficiary stories be told? Evidence gives ‘tentative’ support to negative framing