- Beneficiary voices are as important as those of donors
- ‘Dignity’ is as much located in the image-gathering process as it is in the content of the image
- Including beneficiary – or ‘contributor’ – voices a “massive missing piece” of the ethical jigsaw.
The fundraising think tank Rogare (Latin for ‘to ask’) today publishes the first outputs from our project to explore Gender Issues in Fundraising (GIF).Continue reading NEWS: New project aims to ground discussions about gender in best current knowledge
The first report from an initiative that aims to “close the ideological gap” between fundraisers and service delivery teams charity beneficiaries in marketing materials has been published by the think tank Rogare.Continue reading NEWS: How ought beneficiary stories be told? Evidence gives ‘tentative’ support to negative framing
A “systematic review” of fundraising’s professional ethics is needed before any major review of the Code of Fundraising Practice in England and Wales is made, a new paper published in the Journal of Business Ethics argues.Continue reading NEWS: Review of fundraising ethics must precede major changes to the code of practice
A lack Scotland-specific research and analysis of giving trends and fundraising practice is holding back strategic development of the profession. The conclusion comes form Rogare’s latest Critical Fundraising Report, which is launched today at the AGM of the Institute of Fundraising (Scotland) in Edinburgh.Continue reading NEWS: Second Rogare national report shines spotlight on critical issues facing Scottish fundraisers
- Lack of support from senior staff and lack of evidence are key issues
- New metrics for relationship fundraising are needed
- Developing cultures of philanthropy and the professionalisation of fundraising seen as underlying issues.
- Encourages fundraisers to ask questions about evidence and theory
- Basis for a new ‘movement’ of critical thinkers in fundraising
- Aim to change fundraising by ‘influencing the influences’
A series of reports highlighting issues and challenges facing the fundraising professions in various countries around the world is to be launched by Rogare, the fundraising think tank.Continue reading NEWS: New report series will identify fundraising challenges and issues around the world
- New research from Hartsook Centre for Sustainable Philanthropy
- 10 key factors that contribute to “outstanding success” in events fundraising
- Focus on fulfilling participants’’ psychological needs is key.